Book Review | Tacolicious


Cookbooks are the perfect combination of goodness: excellent photography, pages filled with new tasty ideas to cook and of course reading the stories of the talented chefs. I enjoy cooking and find that when I take the time to prepare a meal, I'm able to relax and allow my mind to focus on chopping and stirring instead of my busy schedule.

As far as I know, I don't have Hispanic blood running through my veins, but fixing Mexican and Spanish cuisine is my food love language. Mexico was the first country that I traveled to and it's fiery personality has truly won me over. I was so excited to discover this fantastic cookbook, Tacolicious. In the first section of the book, the chefs and restaurant owners share their hearts behind their food, their adventurous journeys that led them to find unique dishes in Mexico and a peek inside their kitchens.


One of my favorite aspects of the way that the cookbook was written is it's ability to describe the reason behind the cooking methods. I love knowing that if you follow their detailed instructions, you should be able to recreate authentic Mexican dishes for your friends and family. And just so you know, there is so much more than tacos packed into the pages of this cookbook.




The cookbook also includes snacks, appetizers and delicious drinks. Reading it just makes me want to run to the nearest market, purchase some avocados and gorge myself on creamy guacamole. I cannot wait to throw a fiesta of  my own!!
                                                                                                         photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png
*I received this book through my Blogging for Books membership but all opinions expressed are my own.  

You may enjoy these posts:

Nothing is Wasted
10 Reasons to Shop Homemade for Christmas
For Your Reading Pleasure

2 comments :

  1. This book looks great Ashley! Good job on the review!

    I may have to request it as my next book! I am so in love with Mexican food....it is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much friend! There is so much goodness in this cookbook! So happy that your a Mexican food lover as well!

    ReplyDelete