Fall is in the Air

 (Photo credit: Pinterest)

There's something that you must know about me, I'm a huge Anne of Green Gables fan. I remember curling up with a blanket and devouring Lucy Maud Montgomery's classic series about a fiery red headed young woman, with a tenacity that I envied.  The biggest thing that Anne (with an e) and I have in common is a love of reading. I look forward to getting to the place in a book where I don't want to put it down. As much as I love reading, I also love Fall....a lot. Last year, when we were living in China, we didn't have a Fall season. It went quickly from sticky, blazing humidity right on past my favorite season and into chilly weather. We lived in a semi tropical area and so the leaves stayed green year round. I missed Fall terribly, so this year I am not taking for granted one minute of this change in the weather at all. 

I'm soaking up wearing sweaters, breaking out my faithful moccasins, drinking hot steaming cups of apple and cinnamon tea and I'm on the lookout for a new pair of boots. But beyond the gloriousness of the falling leaves, pumpkins appearing on front porches and the nip in the air, the Lord is showing me something far more beautiful. Fall is a season of things preparing for a harsher time of year. The falling leaves are actually dying and yet there is so much beauty in their demise.There can be such beauty found in dying to ourselves as well and no one knows that better than our Jesus. He's shown me this truth before through lessons that are sometimes painful due to my own disobedience, but he's choosing to show me now in the loveliness of this season that I love the most. I'm so thankful that Jesus is tender with our hearts. That he is patient and willing to wait for us to realize that what we actually need the most is him. And so like Anne, "I'm so glad we live in a world where there are Octobers".  
                                                                                                  photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png

3 comments :

  1. This is so right! There is a beauty found in dying to ourselves. It can often be hard to see, but I keep praying for Jesus to open my eyes so I can see more clearly through His.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Amen, Amen! I think that might be why so many of us LOVE fall! It's so refreshing to read how someone else interprets fall and explains what God is doing in their lives! Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie and Sarah, so thankful to hear both of your hearts!

    ReplyDelete