Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Stella & Dot

The summer before Drew and I were married, I went to my yearly "lady doctor" appointment. Everything was going as awkwardly great as these appointments tend to go until my doctor was performing my breast exam. I had mentioned to her that one of my armpits had been tender and then she found a small lump in my left armpit. I tried to stay calm and not completely freak out as she told me that she was concerned and was going to schedule a mammogram later that afternoon. As I left the doctors office and tried to breathe normally, my mind spin with the worst case scenario. In a matter of a few minutes my wedding planning concerns evaporated and I sat stunned for a few minutes in my car before calling Drew and sharing the news with him. Later that afternoon, a technician told me that the lump my doctor found wasn't a cyst and I thanked the Lord that it wasn't cancer.

Even though I was spared, this sickness has spread it's poison throughout my family and friends. My mom's mother, my precious Maw Maw, has survived (praise God!) skin, breast and colon cancer. A dear college friend's mother was taken far too quickly from breast cancer. Drew's best friend passing away so young from leukemia. Another dear friend is currently battling multiple types of cancer at once. It's becoming such common news that I'm sure everyone either has had a family member, a friend, an acquaintance or someone who has fought some type of cancer. My initial reaction to hearing this news usually involves wishing that somehow I could somehow make the cancer go away.

Sometimes in the midst of walking alongside someone fighting, the idea of someone curing cancer seems impossible, but people are in remission and my prayer is that finding a cure will happen soon. Breast cancer research is a cause near and dear to my heart. Beyond praying for healing, bringing meals and serving the families who are battling cancer, there is another way we can help.

 The incredible jewelry company Stella and Dot has recognized the need for awareness and has provided a way to fund cancer research. For the month of October, if you purchase the "inspire" or  "strength" bracelets, 100% of the profit will benefit the Noreen Fraser Foundation,  a non profit supporting research for women's cancers. I'm hosting an online truck show this month to show my support. Find out more and share the word with a few friends. Will you join me this month in supporting cancer research?
                                                                                          photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png


No comments :

Post a Comment