Favorite Places to Shop Handmade


Last week I shared the Top Ten Reasons to Shop Handmade for Christmas. This week I've rounded up a few of my favorite shops to share with you all. I have such a big heart for small business owners and when I invest in something for our home or for a gift I want the item to have meaning as well. I'm slightly partial to these shops because I know the women behind the scenes and today I wanted to feature them and let you see the goodies that they create for yourself. 


East West Design Co | I have the incredible privilege of knowing one of the lovely ladies who runs this fabulous shop. Lindsey and I are sorority sisters (Hint: Red, Buff & Green), bible study buddies, lovers of The Office show and we could probably both eat our weight in sweet potato biscuits. She and her soon to be sister in law have been up and running for a few months and I've been so impressed by what they have created. I've already raved about the logo design and "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" print that they made me and I've got my eyes set on several things to order for Christmas gifts. They also offer custom work that is affordable and breathtaking. 



Refugee Sewing Society | In case you missed my introduction to these ladies a few weeks ago, check out how I got connected with these women here. The Refugee Sewing Society is a safe haven where refugee women from all over the world meet weekly in Clarkston, Georgia to create lovingly handmade items. I have the amazing ability to witness the love that is poured out on these women by staff and volunteers because I'm now working with them myself. We are currently working on new product designs that I cannot wait to share, but one of my favorite items is this Bhutanese Wedding Necklace that is pictured above. Traditionally Bhutanese women receive a necklace during their wedding ceremony instead of exchanging rings. If you desire to live intentionally to impact the nations daily, this is one amazing organization to show your support.



When It Rains Paper Co | Katherine is also a fellow sorority sister (Hint: we have a thing for squirrels), has impeccable taste, an infectious laugh and is an amazing teacher. She and her sister design gorgeous stationary, cards, party supply items and monogrammed goodies. They also blog with a few of their talented friends at You Can Sit With Us, a lifestyle blog following four friends in the Atlanta area.

How about you? Where are some of your favorite places to shop handmade? I'd love to hear a few of your favorites!
                                                                                                    photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png

No comments :

Post a Comment