There is ALWAYS something to be Thankful for.


Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Growing up my family always chose this holiday to travel and visit our extended family. When Drew and I got married, we decided to try our best to balance our time between family and establishing our own traditions. I love the traditions that we have embraced and look forward to making new ones in the years to come. This time last year we celebrated with people from all over the world with the best friendsgiving you ever did see.

I remember feeling so thankful to have people who loved me scattered around the house and the joy that they brought me. Being home this year there is a shift in the way I feel about this holiday. As excited as I am to celebrate with family, there's an awareness that has also come as we we have returned back to the States. Even if we didn't have an elaborate meal planned, It's so much more than the food and I think I've realized why I cherish this holiday above the rest. It's about the people. It's choosing to praise the Lord in plenty and in want. It's making an active choice to recognize His goodness and how he lavishes His love upon us even in our most undeserving moments. 

We have been given the opportunity daily to praise Him for his grace and I want my life to have more thankfulness in it. Even when we face difficult circumstances, we have the hope of our salvation and the anchor of the gospel to cling to. This is where true joy springs from. This is the source of life-giving hope. Friends, there truly is always something to be thankful for and my prayer is that this continues to grow in the hearts of my family and friends. Thank you for taking the time to read my words and invest a moment of your day in this little blog. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
                                                                                                photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png

No comments :

Post a Comment