Weekend Update: Monday People


Happy Monday! I'm not sure if your a Monday person or not but recently I feel like I'm becoming more of one. I used to dread when Sunday evenings were drawing to a close and I knew that Monday would be there waiting for me when I woke up but now I'm looking at Mondays as a fresh start. I love my sleep and sleeping in but for some reason my body has been waking me up for the past couple of years a few precious minutes before my alarm actually goes off (am I the only one?) and my little internal alarm clock just keeps setting itself earlier and earlier.

For now I'm choosing to cherish these moments when the house is quiet, the pups are still sleeping and my husband is still snoozing in our warm bed. I've decided to take hold of these moments and exercise, get in the word and make myself a cup of tea. It's also my favorite time to write and normally over the weekend I've had a few ideas buzzing about just waiting for my fingers to start typing. It's definitely an active choice to choose to embrace these early morning moments and there are some mornings when I wish my little alarm clock would let me sleep later but for now I'm choosing to love Mondays.

This weekend did go by so quickly but it was filled with a trip to the Duluth Arts and Crafts Fair, date night with the Hubs, the first fire of the season and sweet time with family. How was your weekend? Did anything unexpectedly exciting happen? Are you a Monday person too? Cheers to Monday friends!
.                                                                                               photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png


Isn't this just the cutest? Cows, chicken wire, pumpkins, cute Fall sign....


This scoop your own potpourri station smelled incredible!

7 comments :

  1. I'm not a Monday person but I AM a morning person! :) I love waking up early and getting things done in the wee hours--just so nice to have that time to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post....starting Monday off with a positive attitude sets the tone for the week!

    sophisticatedblissblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for more morning people! Thanks for stopping by Sarah and Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your blog - new follower from The Peony Project <3 - nelle at www.vintagesimplylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Nelle! I look forward to checking out your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to be more of a Monday person but i an more of a morning person. I can accomplish so much more in the morning!

    Would you consider linking this post with my Monday motivation link up this week.
    http://womansreflection.com/love-compassion-monday-motivation-link/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, I love your drive to make Mondays matter in ways you love! I try to get up early before work to do things I love, too, but sometimes it's hard!! Thanks for this added inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete