Girl's Trip to Savannah


A few weekends ago, some of my very best friends from college and I went on a relaxing girls weekend to Savannah, GA. To say that it was fabulous would be denying the weekend of it's glory. I am so thankful to be blessed with these kind hearted, fun-loving, Christ following, beautiful women in my life. We celebrated a 10 year milestone of friendship and we celebrated with style. These women have supported me and loved me for who I am so well and I couldn't be more grateful to be able to do life with them. My foodie self was in heaven as we ate fresh seafood nearly every meal.

We arrived on Friday and the view from our hotel of the Savannah River was beautiful to wake up to each morning. That night we headed down to River Street and after supper sampled yummy pecan pralines and bear claws from River Street Sweets. We had to top the evening with delicious frosty drinks from Wet Willies as well.








On Saturday morning, we headed down to Tybee Island to be beach bums for the day. The weather was absolutely perfect and we gorged ourselves on seafood at Fannies on the Beach. I had the crab legs and they were delicious!



On Saturday night we got dolled up and went to the historic (and apparently haunted?) 17 Hundred 90 Inn and Restaurant. Everything about 17 Hundred 90 oozed charm and charisma. I'm a sucker for exposed brick eateries with a background story and our time there didn't disappoint. The honey biscuit appetizer was worth going back for a second visit and my salmon with asparagus and hollandaise sauce with veggie risotto was so yum! We loved visiting Savannah Smiles, a funky dueling piano bar with delicious drinks, familiar tunes and dancing galore.



We finished our weekend eating brunch at Huey's on the River. We especially loved the beignets with hot praline sauce. I devoured my eggs benedict with parmesean garlic grits paired with a mimosa.









Savannah, you never disappoint and I am so excited to see where the girls trip will be next year!                                                           
                                                                                               photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png

No comments :

Post a Comment