Ohio Fun | Westside Market


I simply had the best time celebrating New Years in Cleveland, Ohio with my sister and her husband's family. One of the last days of our trip, we headed downtown and spent the afternoon at the Westside Market. Y'all, I adore food and fresh ingredients and if you are ever in the Cleveland area, put this on your sightseeing list.


We found out that this popular hot spot has been thriving since it's opening in 1912. Vendors and local restaurants sell their goods weekly and it was a packed house when we visited on a Saturday morning. As if the local produce and goods weren't enough, this market houses unique international items that are difficult to find elsewhere. 


It was a rush weaving around the booths and nibbling on samples and picking up hodge-podge items that we used to create our lunch. The sights and smells are simply glorious! Some of my favorite vendors were: Pierogi Palace (They were closed when we visited but I always go for beef), Ohio City Pasta (need I say more?), Cake Royale (try their cannoli's!), Steve's Gyro's (They sold out when where were there so be sure to jump in line early), and Crepes de Luxe (the best crepes ever!). 


I had never had a savory crepe because I can never resist crepes filled with chocolate and fruit but my Italian style crepe did not disappoint. Also, blood orange soda from Italy? Yes, please! I can't wait to return to Westside Market on my next visit to Ohio! Oh and Go Bucks! (way to roast those Ducks!).
                                                                                                         photo d58a37ad-be1f-466c-a9a7-24e7c64f6147_zpsae98e763.png

3 comments :

  1. I'm definitely a foodie, and this place sounds AMAZING! I love that you can walk around and pick out a variety of things to make your meal. I can't believe how long its been there. That must mean it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I have a layover next month and hope to visit the market.

    ReplyDelete